Poor proofreading can cost you your job.
A misplaced decimal, a name spelled wrong, a word misused, a number transposed — brush it off and the consequences can be dire.
Don’t leave this important job to chance. Find out the tricks the pros use, and catch the mistakes that can hurt your credibility and ruin your career.
Learn to proofread with perfection, get a grasp on grammar rules, and elevate your editing skills with Business Management Daily can help!
Topic: Proofread with Perfection: Proofreading and Editing Techniques for Flawless Communication
Date: Wednesday, February 6, 2019
Time: 1 p.m. EST, 12 p.m. CST, 10 a.m. PST
In this 75-minute webinar, Fred Kniggendorf, Ph.D., will discuss the most common types of errors, what you can do to catch — and fix — them, and the skills you need to produce effective, error-free communication.
Program highlights include:
- When to use a comma before the seven coordinating conjunctions.
- One very outdated proofing tip you’ll hear about at practically every writing seminar.
- Why it’s important that you have a style guide when you write.
- Should bulleted items have periods? We’ll talk about it!
- Why you need to know basic punctuation rules.
- How to recognize trite and overused business words and phrases, and some suggestions of what to use instead.
- What to look for when proofing and editing displayed and paragraphed lists.
- Editing out wasted words (e.g., “that are,” “which is,” “who was”).
- Why you should read a document aloud.
Most readers of reports and emails are skeptical of the information in documents that are riddled with easily corrected surface errors. Don’t let yours be one of them. Take your proofreading and editing skills to a new level — click here to register now!