Conflict resolution issues, communication snags, misperceptions about others we work with — all of these things often result from a lack of awareness or understanding of personality types that may be involved. When you understand yourself and your own preferences very clearly, you can begin observing preferences of those around you more clearly as well. How are they similar? How are they different? What does that mean to you as you interact with them?
Topic: “Understanding Personality Types to Communicate, Work, and Lead More Effectively”
Speaker: Julie Perrine, Founder of All Things Admin, CAP-OM, MBTI Certified
The person sitting in the cube next to you may come across as aloof and cold. But the real story may be that he sends and receives information different from you, and he works best when he has quiet time and space. A few minor tweaks to how you communicate with him can make all the difference in your perceptions and working relationship.
Ultimately, the better you know and understand your own personality type, the more effective you can be in supporting the executives and staff around you. It makes you a better communicator, collaborator, and problem solver in the office.
Participants in this session will:
• Learn what the Myers Briggs Type Indicator® tool is and the theory behind it
• How to better understand your own personality preferences for communication, data gathering, decision making, and energy flow.
• Self-validate your own personality type.
• Develop strategies for communicating with the different personality types more effectively.
• Identify clues to watch for to determine type preferences of co-workers and customers you work with.
If you want to achieve greater effectiveness and harmony in the office, join us for this February session!