From raunchy reality shows to parent brawls at Little League games, incivility seems to be everywhere – so it’s no surprise that rudeness has also invaded the workplace.
Squabbling employees, screaming managers, colleagues who never respond to emails, co-workers who send texts while you’re talking to them… all these people seem to have forgotten the basic rules of courtesy and respect.
Offensive behavior among colleagues carries a high price, because civility at work means more than just good manners. Respectful treatment creates the foundation for cooperation between individuals and collaboration among departments. When people are rude and disrespectful to one another, they are much less likely to share information, contribute helpful suggestions, or offer assistance with problems.
Join Business Management Daily for this webinar to learn how to recognize the signs of an incivility epidemic at work, and discover specific strategies for improving co-worker relationships, turning around a team, or changing an entire organizational culture.
Topic: The Growing Problem of Workplace Incivility: How to Reduce Rudeness, Encourage Courtesy & Create a More Professional Atmosphere
Date: Friday, February 8, 2019
Time: 1 p.m. EST, 12 p.m. CST, 10 a.m. PST
The program will include the following topics:
- Why common courtesy is not so common.
- The vicious cycle of disrespect: when rudeness leads to revenge.
- Seven warning signs of an incivility problem.
- Childish adults: Pouters, screamers, and public attackers.
- Communication insults: Email bombers, cyber junkies, and non-responders.
- How incivility hurts productivity and increases turnover.
- Why professional adults sometimes act like brats.
- Quick quiz: Taking an honest look in the mirror.
- How silent bystanders and wimpy managers encourage offensive behavior.
- Dealing with drama: gossips, snobs, and office divas.
- How co-workers can learn to have civil conversations about incivility.
- Using a “team turnaround” to make your group more collaborative.
- Legal hazards: frat boys, closet bigots, and sexual predators.
- Five-step formula for changing an organizational culture.
- Beyond civility: 12 signs of a truly collaborative workplace.
You can also ask your specific questions directly to Marie McIntyre. And because this is a webinar, there is no limit to the number of colleagues you can invite to sit in on this interactive event.
Join Business Management Daily for this webinar to find out the strategies you need to turn your office from an uncivil war zone into a collaborative workplace. Click here to register now!