Updated April 17, 2023
Administrative Professionals Week is an excellent time to thank your admin team and show them how much you appreciate their hard work and dedication.
The following are several thoughtful ideas that can brighten their day and show them how much you appreciate them.
- Skills-building training opportunities. Our top recommendation for showing your admin how much you value them and their work is to invest in their training — whether it’s sending them to a conference or workshop, or paying for online training, such as the AdminPro Training VIP Pass. You can also find several featured trainers we recommend on our Admin Appreciation Month page.
- Handwritten letter or e-card. Taking the time to write a heartfelt thank-you note on stationery (and mailing it!) is a fantastic way to personalize your appreciation to each of your admin team members. Sending an animated electronic card is another fun option. There are several websites that allow you to email cards, such as Kisseo eCards and Blue Mountain Cards.
- Books. Consider sending a career development book. If you’re not sure which book they would enjoy, send an Amazon or Barnes and Noble gift card, and let them select a book of their choice.
- Company promotional products with your logo. Send your admin team a fun company-branded coffee mug, shirt, or even a blanket. You can order blankets with your organization’s logo on them from Lands’ End Business. You can also find admin-themed shirts, drinkware, and accessories in our company store!
- Recognize your admins during a team call. Simply saying thank you in front of the team and recognizing them for their dedication and hard work can go a long way toward making them feel valued.
- Fresh flowers. Receiving a pretty bouquet of flowers can brighten anyone’s day. There are several companies, like 1-800-Flowers and ProFlowers, that will deliver right to your admins’ doors.
- Meal delivery. There are a lot of options for food delivery, and one less meal to prepare these days may be especially appreciated. Consider a limited-time subscription to a service like HelloFresh or Blue Apron. Or try a Spoonful of Comfort gift – complete with a delicious jar of soup, a serving ladle, rolls, cookies, and a personalized note in colorful packaging.
- Lunch delivery. Let your admin team know lunch is on you on Administrative Professionals Day, and have them order a meal of their choice delivered right to their door with a service like Uber Eats or Door Dash.
There are so many ways to celebrate your admin team and thank them for their hard work and dedication. We hope you find a way to show your appreciation not just this month, but year-around – they certainly deserve the recognition!
© 2023 Julie Perrine International, LLC
HOW TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR NEWSLETTER OR WEBSITE
Want to use this article in your newsletter, ezine or website? You can — just as long as you include this complete blurb with it:
Julie Perrine, CAP-OM, is the founder and CEO of All Things Admin, providing training, mentoring and resources for administrative professionals worldwide. Julie applies her administrative expertise and passion for lifelong learning to serving as an enthusiastic mentor, speaker and author who educates admins around the world on how to be more effective every day. Learn more about Julie’s books — The Innovative Admin: Unleash the Power of Innovation in Your Administrative Career and The Organized Admin: Leverage Your Unique Organizing Style to Create Systems, Reduce Overwhelm, and Increase Productivity, and Become a Procedures Pro: The Admin’s Guide to Developing Effective Office Systems and Procedures.