From on-site corporate training with Julie Perrine, Founder of All Things Admin, to the online AdminPro Training Series, our continuing education options are an affordable alternative to other professional training mediums.
All Things Admin Corporate’s mission is to help companies better utilize their administrative professionals by providing affordable training options that improve and strengthen their skills, increase the value they bring to executives and organizations, and enrich and advance their careers.
All Things Admin Corporate training options are proven to:
Improve admins’ ability to effectively use their time and skills to increase the overall efficiency and productivity of their executives and organizations.
Boost admins’ job satisfaction and engagement within an organization.
Foster better working relationship between admins and their executives.
Learn more about All Things Admin Corporate and how your admins can be great leaders and invaluable assets to your organization.
About Julie Perrine
Julie Perrine, CAP-OM, MBTI Certified, prides herself in connecting administrative professionals to innovative technologies, ideas, resources, and people as they work toward achieving their career goals.
Julie transformed a career as an administrative professional into several successful enterprises and shares her knowledge, expertise, and resources with individuals, corporations, and organizations as an online business model consultant, personality type strategist, and productivity expert. As a certified Myers-Briggs Type Indicator administrator, she facilitates understanding and communication among individuals and teams to improve performance, communication, self-awareness, and team cohesion through workshops and individual consulting services.
For Julie’s complete bio click here.
Innovation and Artificial Intelligence
The Latest Innovation is YOU!
Do you want to be the most marketable and respected administrative professional around? Do you want to stand out and have success in your career? Do you want to be the admin every executive wants by their side? Embrace innovation, and become The Innovative AdminTM.
Innovation isn’t just for technology – it’s the key to your career future. The times demand administrative professionals who are prepared to not only offer creative solutions and new ideas but admins who are prepared to implement them. The times demand admins who are prepared to innovate. But what does that mean?
This session will specifically address:
- What it means to be The Innovative Admin.
- How to apply the five stages of the innovation mindset adoption curve to each challenge you face.
- Ways to tap into your creativity and initiative to get ahead.
- Specific strategies to help you begin making the transition from where you currently are to becoming The Innovative Admin.
Getting by is no longer enough. Become the best you can be by enhancing your capacity for innovation. It’s time to unleash the power of innovation in your administrative career and become known as The Innovative Admin.
Developing Essential Habits of The Innovative Admin™
In this age of advancing technology and evolving business environments, having the right skills and a lot of experience isn’t enough.
Today, admins need to embrace new ideas, technology, best practices, and industry trends in order to excel. Executives want assistants who can collaborate, lead, manage, and provide solutions to the problems that arise daily. So, innovation isn’t optional – it’s a required skill for success.
Realizing the powerful impact innovative thinking can have on your career isn’t enough, though. You need to take action and cultivate the habits that will make you The Innovative Admin, and this session will teach you how!
During this session, you’ll learn:
- Who is The Innovative Admin?
- The essential habits of The Innovative Admin.
- How to overcome career-sabotaging fear and self-doubt.
- Healthful habits for innovation success.
Learn how to embrace innovation and become The Innovative Admin!
The Innovative Admin's Guide to Implementing Anything
Have you ever put off a task because it seemed too daunting? Do you have creative ideas for improving your office, but aren’t sure how to make them a reality? Have you ever passed on an interesting project because you thought you couldn’t handle it?
The ability to implement your ideas – both big and small – is a key part of being The Innovative AdminTM. Yet many administrative professionals struggle with this skill because they feel overwhelmed, overbooked, or underprepared.
During this session, All Things Admin Founder and CEO Julie Perrine will teach you her FAST formula for implementing anything – from creating your administrative procedures to planning your next corporate event to tackling your annual performance review goals.
This session will include:
- Step-by-step instructions on how to break complex assignments into easy to handle pieces using the FAST formula.
- Tips for how to create an implementation plan to achieve your goals.
- Visual examples on how to break down complicated assignments into specific plans of action.
- Technology tools to use for idea capture and action plan implementation.
- Best practices for implementing anything!
If you want to become more innovative, you have to take your ideas to implementation and this session will help you do just that!
How to Overcome Impostor Syndrome as The Innovative Admin™
Do you ever feel like you’re not doing enough – even though your executive and team would be lost without you? Does self-doubt keep you from asking for a promotion or taking on big projects? Are you guilty of negative self-talk that diminishes your confidence and undermines your key skills?
Sound familiar? You may suffer from Impostor Syndrome.
Impostor Syndrome is feeling like a fraud, even if you’re successful. And a lot of administrative professionals suffer from this psychological condition – even The Innovative AdminTM.
However, The Innovative Admin is also uniquely positioned to overcome Impostor Syndrome. By understanding the innovation journey and developing habits that prepare you for the unexpected twists and turns of your job and career, you can successfully banish Impostor Syndrome! And this session will teach you how!
During this session, we’ll explore:
- What is Impostor Syndrome?
- The five types of Impostor Syndrome.
- How to identify whether you have Impostor Syndrome.
- Tips for overcoming Impostor Syndrome with the innovation mindset.
- And more!
Discover how to use innovation to put an end to your Impostor Syndrome!
Artificial Intelligence and the Administrative Professional: Creating Your Strategy for Integrating AI in Your Workplace
From retail to health care, artificial intelligence (AI) technology is seeping into just about every industry, including the administrative field. And it’s only going to increase in popularity in the coming years. Yet some executive assistants see AI as a threat to their careers, and think it will replace them.
Nothing could be further from the truth.
The Innovative Admin doesn’t need to fear AI. Instead, admins have a lot to gain from engaging with this new technology – from increasing efficiency to reducing errors and improving productivity.
During this session, you’ll discover how to develop an innovation mindset and embrace AI. You’ll also learn:
- What is artificial intelligence?
- Who is using AI?
- Where is AI being used in the 21st century office?
- Why should assistants embrace AI in their work?
Stop fearing AI and start taking advantage of all the opportunities it can offer admins in the workplace!
Working Effectively with Your Executives
Partnering for Success: Developing a Strong Administrative Partnership with Your Executive
You have the skills required for success. You know how to work well with the executive and team you support. Now, you need to develop a strong partnership with your executive and team that extends beyond your job description.
The 21st century administrative professional needs to be a manager and a leader with advanced skills in communication, decision-making, collaboration, planning, and project management. Successful executives need outstanding admins who are willing to effectively partner with them and find ways to work productively together.
This session will give you the strategies you need to:
- Recognize the stages of partnership development.
- Build the trust and respect of your executive.
- Learn how to think like a CEO.
- Develop your business acumen.
- Understand your executive’s personality type and strengths to forge a stronger partnership.
- Become an effective communicator and liaison for your executive.
- Address difficult conversations with confidence.
- Develop an indispensable administrative brand that positively reflects you, as well as your executive and company.
- Create a strong collaborative network internally and externally.
- Be comfortable with anticipating needs.
- Know when to take the initiative and when to ask permission.
- Train your executive to fully utilize your skills and leverage your strengths.
Whether your executive already adores you, or you’re working hard to prove yourself, this session will help you become an indispensable admin that your executive can’t live without!
How to Coordinate Hassle-Free Travel Arrangements Like a Pro
Coordinating travel for yourself, your executive, or your team members can be complicated – regardless of how long you’ve been doing it! From organizing the countless travel details to handling flight delays and cancellations, your job is never done! But there are a lot of best practices you can implement to create a system that makes travel planning faster, easier, and even fun!
Join us to learn:
- Strategies every assistant should use when coordinating travel arrangements.
- Key differences between commercial flights and private charters.
- Standard forms and checklists to include in your travel planning system.
- What you can do before, during, and after a trip to improve the travel experience.
- International travel planning tips on passports, visas, vaccinations, traveler safety, and more!
- Important traveler needs to research, including cultural awareness, exchange rates, time zones, mobile phone coverage, and secure wireless connectivity.
- How to use technology to streamline the travel planning process.
Learn what you need to coordinate travel arrangements with minimal hassle! Let us help you become a travel planning pro!
How to Develop Your Indispensable Personal Brand
When you hear brand names Nike, Starbucks, or Google, what images or thoughts immediately come to mind?
When you hear someone talking about Oprah Winfrey, Martha Stewart, or Tiger Woods, what words pop into your head?
When someone hears your name, what type of brand recognition is associated with you?
Developing an indispensable personal brand takes conscious thought and effort. It’s absolutely vital to long term success. While you are working hard at establishing your career, company, or product lines, your name becomes as integral to your business success as the product or corporate brand you are establishing. But where do you begin in establishing or recreating your personal brand?
Join us and learn about what personal branding is, why personal branding matters, and how to develop an indispensable personal brand for yourself.
Becoming a Champion of Change in Your Organization
Change is inevitable. And as much as we may resist it, without it we’d still be using rotary phones and manual typewriters. Change gets a bad rap, yet it can be a very positive thing. To survive in business today, every member of the team, especially admins, must identify, understand, and respond to change. But to thrive, you have to become a champion of change!
This session will teach you:
- How to shift your mindset and thinking about change.
- What improvement and innovation really looks like.
- How to apply the five stages of the innovation mindset adoption curve to each change you face.
- Key tactics for embracing and proactively handling change.
We live in a dynamic world. What doesn’t grow gets stagnant – and you don’t want that in your admin career! Learn to roll with change as it occurs and become a champion of change for yourself, your executive, and your organization.
Understanding Personality Types: Introductory and Advanced Topics
After more than 50 years of research and development, the current Myers-Briggs Type Indicator has become the most widely used instrument for understanding normal personality differences. Because it explains basic patterns in human functioning, the MBTI serves a wide variety of purposes, including the following:
- Improving performance of the individual and the team
- Developing leaders within the ranks
- Reducing conflict among peers and throughout the hierarchy
This widely respected tool reveals an individual’s preferences for communication, data gathering, decision making and energy flow, which permits you and your team to achieve greater effectiveness and harmony in the office.
Through half- or full-day workshops, Julie can give you the tools to increase your self-awareness and adaptability. Customized workshops are available to focus on specific applications, such as:
- Team Building
- Leadership Development
- Change Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Diversity Awareness
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Career Development
Career Development and Planning
Career Organization - Your Livelihood Depends On It!
If you want to be ready for any change or opportunity at a moment’s notice – planned or unplanned – then it’s essential that you make career organization a priority!
Keeping your career organized is even more important than maintaining an organized workspace because your livelihood depends on it.
Unfortunately, many administrative professionals fail to properly organize the documents and materials that support their career growth and development until it’s an emergency. By that time, it’s too late! They don’t have an updated resume, a professional portfolio of work samples, or an adequate social media presence. This makes a stressful time even more tense. It also adds time to the job search because it’s hard to start looking for a new position without the materials that support the search efforts.
Don’t let this happen to you!
During this session, you’ll learn:
- Why a strategic career plan is key to navigating change and achieving professional success.
- What to include in your job search toolkit.
- How to write an eye-catching resume.
- How to showcase your skills and prove what’s on your resume.
- How to use social media for career development.
Join All Things Admin Founder and CEO Julie Perrine to learn how to organize your admin career and be ready for whatever comes your way professionally.
From Reactive to Proactive: Creating Your Strategic Administrative Career Plan
Do you sometimes feel like your career or job responsibilities have veered off course? Are you looking for more productive ways to manage the constant change in your work environment? Does staying current with your profession and trends in technology stress you out?
Adopting the basic principles of strategic planning will help you prepare not only for the peaks and valleys of your professional life but for many of the constant changes you face daily on the job. It will teach you how to apply principles of strategic planning to your career as an administrative professional, and how to manage your day-to-day responsibilities in a way that puts you in the driver’s seat.
During the session, you will learn:
- Why it is necessary to shift from reactive to proactive when managing your career and workload.
- A proven strategic planning method for your career.
- How to implement your career plan to ensure future success.
- How to find a professional mentor or coach.
- Tools to shift your mindset to adapt to inevitable career and workplace changes more productively.
Embark on a journey to job security, peace of mind, and maximum control over your career as an administrative professional.
Administrative Professional 2.0: Developing Your Communication Strategy for Career Success
In this age of non-stop digital communication, how you represent yourself online and through digital media directly impacts the perception your executives, colleagues, and customers have of you and your skills.
Most companies now use social media to share their message and brand with the world, so administrative professionals need to know how to effectively communicate on and leverage these tools to do their jobs. Do you know how to effectively use social media for research, career development, locating resources, connecting with experts, and finding information? Do you understand how and why your company is using it to reach its customers? Which sites are the right ones for which activities?
If you are a career-minded, cutting-edge professional who is expected to know the answers when someone asks you a question, then you need to understand the power of social media and developing your online network. Just like the Internet, social media isn’t going away, so dive in and discover the social power Web 2.0 can have for both you and your company.
During this interactive session, you’ll learn:
- How social networking parallels traditional networking.
- How companies of all sizes are using social media and the admins role in it.
- Which social networking sites are best for different purposes.
- How to avoid social media time trap.
- How to create powerful online profiles that positively impact your personal or company brand.
- How to use social networking for career planning.
- Other online resources for your career toolbox.
Proactively Manage Your Digital Footprint for Career Success
Almost every aspect of what we do as administrative professionals involve the use of digital, Internet-connected devices. Every web search, online purchase, social media post, blog comment, text message, and email we send creates digital footprints that are impossible to completely delete. So how do we manage this digital footprint and protect ourselves, our executives, and our companies from damaging our reputations?
This session will explain:
- What is a digital footprint?
- How to monitor and manage your digital risk online.
- The impact your digital footprint has on employment opportunities.
- How to positively develop and cultivate your online presence.
Join us for this session, and learn how to create a digital strategy that keeps you safe and sets you up for online success!
5 Important Ways to Boost Your Career This Year
The start of a new year is a great time to reflect on what you can do to accomplish your professional goals in the months ahead. What motivates you? What doesn’t? What obstacles have gotten in your way in the past? What did you learn in the process?
Success-minded administrative professionals must be proactive and vigilant at all times so they are prepared for career changes and opportunities alike. This means developing some key habits to support your success. But what habits should you focus on? And how do these habits help you achieve your goals?
During this session, you’ll learn the answers to both of these questions. You’ll also discover:
- Five key habits you need for career success
- Why it’s important to be acutely aware of your environment
- Simple ways to develop your business IQ every day
- How to focus your personal development with a strategic career plan
- Why it’s vital to be a connector – in person and online
- How to take action and implement your ideas
Please join us for this session and give yourself a proactive kick-in-the-career this year!
Get Business Savvy: 5 Ways to Develop Your Business Acumen
Do you understand the connection between what you do each day as an admin and how it impacts your company’s success? Could you give a company tour and explain the core role of each team or department? Do you know how your company makes money and delivers value?
For admins to be recognized, valued, and respected within their organization, they must develop strong business acumen. When you continually cultivate your knowledge of how businesses run at every level, you improve your ability to make good judgments and quick decisions. These abilities help you think more creatively about the challenges you encounter and find innovative solutions for solving them. Every action you take and each decision you make impacts another. So it’s important to understand how it’s all connected.
Join us for this session and learn:
- Why strong business acumen is crucial for admins.
- The core elements of strong business acumen.
- Five ways to develop and strengthen your business acumen.
- The questions great leaders ask as they evaluate trends.
Discover how to develop your business savvy!
Develop Your Plan for Focused Self-Care
Admins are really good at taking care of other people – their executives, colleagues, and fellow admins. But many don’t give themselves the same level of attention.
Yet self-care is crucial for admins, and it’s not just necessary when a personal crisis arises. Positive experiences, such as a new job, moving, getting married, or having a baby, can be stressful, too. The daily grind of life can also take its toll on your physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing. This is why a focused plan for self-care is so important – regardless of what’s going on in your life.
If you’re not taking proper care of yourself, your energy, productivity, and focus can take a nose dive, and lead to burnout. And if your tank is on empty, you’re not good to anyone – yourself, your executive, colleagues, friends, or family.
So how do you keep your tank “full” and take better care of yourself personally and professionally?
This session will help you solve this problem!
During this session, you’ll learn:
- How to create an achievable plan for your own focused self-care.
- How to develop systems to support you at home and at the office.
- Simple ways to improve your diet, exercise, and sleep habits.
- How to refill your tank when you hit empty.
- How to offer self-care support to others in need.
Join us to learn how to develop a plan for self-care and take care of one of the office’s most valuable assets: you!
The Career-Advancing Power of Professionalism
We call ourselves administrative professionals, but what does that really mean? While you are working hard to establish yourself in a career or area of expertise, your name is becoming as integral to your success as the quality work product you aim to deliver. Your level of professionalism is a key component of that brand package. When we see and observe examples of true professionalism, those moments and individuals stand out. But what is professionalism really? How do you become more professional? And how can you leverage the power of professionalism in achieving an indispensable administrative brand for yourself?
During this session, we’ll explore:
- What is professionalism?
- The benefits of professionalism.
- Becoming more professional…even if you already are.
- Professionalism quiz questions to ask yourself (self-assessment).
- How does professionalism affect your customers?
The Admin's Guide to Annual Performance Review Prep
Is your annual performance review approaching? Are you prepared to show your executive or manager what you’ve accomplished this year? Do you plan to ask for a promotion or new job title? What professional skills do you want to improve in the coming year?
Whether your annual review is fast approaching or it’s scheduled later in the new year, now is the time to start getting ready for it. You shouldn’t go in unprepared for this important meeting, especially if you’re going to ask for additional responsibilities or a raise.
During this session, we’ll share numerous samples, tools, and resources to help you with the review process. You’ll also learn:
- Why a performance review is important.
- What your executive/manager is looking for during your review.
- How to proactively prepare for your review.
- How to set performance goals.
- What to do on review day.
- What to do after your review is over.
Join us to get the tools and information you need to really wow your executive during your next review!
Boost Your Career Visibility with an Online Portfolio
Whether your job seeking, gainfully employed, striving for the best annual review ever, or trying to make a name for yourself, creating a digital portfolio can enhance your career. Putting your professional portfolio online is a great way to showcase your skills, interests, and abilities. It’s a fabulous tool for building your personal brand, setting yourself apart, and positioning yourself as the go-to person within your company and profession. When you combine your digital portfolio with a strong social media presence, your visibility will skyrocket!
This session will cover:
- What goes into a digital portfolio.
- The career benefits of a digital portfolio.
- Which tools you should use to develop your portfolio.
- How to effectively use your digital portfolio to build your personal brand, establish credibility, and showcase your skills.
Developing a Career Calling Card: Your Professional Portfolio
As an admin, can you prove you have the skills listed on your resume? Could you produce work samples on demand to visually illustrate your career experience? Can you articulate verbally and visually what makes you stand out from the crowd, or why you deserve that promotion and raise?
A powerful professional portfolio can help you do all of this and more! It’s a critical component to your success as an administrative professional. It’s also a great tool for learning how to create high-impact visual presentations, honing your writing skills, and getting your creative juices flowing – all of which are immediately transferrable skills at the office. Don’t wait until you’re laid off or looking for a promotion to begin building your portfolio of career bests. Every success-minded administrative professional needs a powerful professional portfolio if they want to continue advancing their career. Your portfolio is the key to controlling your professional image starting now.
During this session, you’ll learn:
- What a powerful professional portfolio looks like and why you need one.
- The principles of presentation design and assembly to capture your audience’s attention.
- The five simple steps to building your professional portfolio.
- How to leverage this valuable career tool for performance reviews, job interviews, college credit, and more!
You’ll also walk away with a detailed action plan to help you get started immediately! Take a proactive approach to your career. Join us for this webinar and get started building your powerful professional portfolio today.
LinkedIn: Your Professional Networking Connection
Every second, two new members join this social networking site to develop their professional network.
It’s the go-to site for 90 of the Fortune 100 companies looking to find and track potential job candidates.
And it’s where you need to be if you want to remain relevant, get noticed, and advance your admin career.
What are we talking about?
LinkedIn used to be considered a nerdy repository for digital resumes. Today, it’s an incredible social networking and career advancement tool for professionals who want to develop their careers, engage with recruiters, find resources, connect with colleagues, and create a high impact digital presence.
In fact, if you apply for a job and the recruiter can’t find you on LinkedIn, you may not get an interview.
If you do have a LinkedIn profile, but fail to highlight your career accomplishments, include key skills and abilities, or showcase your work samples, you’re missing out on a huge opportunity to stand out professionally.
So, how do you take advantage of the career-building power of LinkedIn?
This two-part course will teach you what you need to know!
Part 1: How to Spotlight Your Skills With a Winning LinkedIn Profile
During part one, you will learn:
- The career benefits of using LinkedIn.
- How to create a LinkedIn profile that captures the attention of recruiters and employers.
- Ways to spotlight your skills and showcase your expertise.
- How to build your professional network on LinkedIn.
You’ll also receive a LinkedIn profile checklist to guide you through the process from start to finish.
Part 2: How to Grow Your Network and Find the Best Jobs With LinkedIn
During part two, you’ll learn to use LinkedIn to:
- Find resources, search for jobs, connect with experts, and more!
- Give and request recommendations.
- Join and participate in online networking groups.
You’ll also receive a LinkedIn cheat sheet to help you set up specific criteria for job search notifications.
Office Systems and Procedures
How to Effectively Create Your Office Systems and Procedures
Are you feeling overwhelmed in your admin job? Could you benefit from reliable systems for time and workload management?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, then join All Things Admin Founder and CEO Julie Perrine for this master class on office systems and procedures!
Effective systems and procedures are an admin’s ultimate power tools. They allow you to do more with less and work smarter, not harder. This workshop will teach you how to create and utilize systems and procedures in your admin job and beyond! Some session highlights include:
- The difference between procedures and systems, and why both are necessary.
- Identifying where you need systems and procedures.
- Creating effective systems and procedures to streamline your work.
- Implementing and troubleshooting your systems and procedures.
- The keys to making systems and procedures work for you.
- Five core systems your office needs to be efficient.
- Five simple steps to get you started on creating your procedures.
- The appropriate items to include in a procedures binder.
- How to fast track your procedures with a few key templates.
With effective systems and procedures in place, you can navigate unexpected changes and absences, find support and resources quicker, keep yourself and those your support organized, and bring calm to the chaos that surrounds you. Join Julie for this master class to learn how to do all of the above and optimize your effectiveness at work and beyond!
How to Quickly Create an Awesome Procedures Manual
If you miss working for a week, can your colleagues fulfill your responsibilities? Do you have procedures for daily tasks documented for easy reference and cross-training? You’ve spent time and effort making sure that routine tasks are done efficiently and done right. These procedures are a recipe for success. So, why leave them to chance? An effective office procedures binder will help you – and those who fill in for you – keep your executive and the office running smoothly when you’re out.
Creating good procedures takes thought and effort, but the result is a product that can be used over and over again by you and others. It’s time to get started creating organized office documentation that will reduce headaches and stress- making your work life easier.
During this session you’ll learn:
- Why procedures are vital to every office.
- Five simple steps to get you started creating your administrative procedures binder.
- The appropriate items to include in your administrative procedures binder.
- How to document understandable procedures.
- How to fast track your procedures with a few key templates.
- How to maintain your procedures in hard copy and electronic formats.
Stop feeling guilty or worrying every time you are away from the office. Reduce that pile of work on your desk when you return from vacation. Make it easy to get consistent results when you delegate to or cross train a colleague. Kick-start creating your administrative procedures binder now!
Secure Your Operational Success with Effective Office Systems
When things at work start sliding sideways, it’s easy to lose your focus and composure. As an administrative professional, your ability to quickly bounce back and get things headed in the right direction builds credibility, trust, and confidence in those you support.
Systems are ordered and proven processes that can save you time, effort, and unnecessary stress. They enable you to provide consistent service, gain credibility, establish trust, and build confidence with those you support.
With effective systems in place, you can navigate unexpected changes more adeptly, find support and resources more quickly, and bring calm to the chaos that surrounds you. Creating effective systems to support you and your team are vital to becoming a more effective and efficient assistant.
During this session, you’ll learn:
- What systems are and why you need them
- How to identify where systems are needed
- How to create effective systems to support your success
- The key to making systems work for you
Plus, you’ll get an inside peek at some of the exact systems the All Things Admin team uses to stay organized and productive!
When you create effective systems to support an organized environment, you gain a new perspective that will help you get and stay organized!
A Step-By-Step Guide for Creating Your Office Systems
Office systems are key to your success as an administrative professional because they enable you to provide consistent service, gain credibility, establish trust, and build confidence with those you support. They help you navigate change – both expected and unexpected – and course-correct more adeptly. Systems also improve your efficiency. And by increasing your efficiency, you save both time and money, and as a result, make your company more profitable.
So how do you start creating your office systems?
This session will take you through the step-by-step process of mapping out your own office systems and show you how to do it with actual examples showcasing digital and paper filing, meeting planning, and travel planning. You’ll learn:
- Why your office needs documented systems and procedures.
- The differences and similarities of systems and procedures.
- The five core systems most offices need.
- The five simple steps to mapping out your office systems.
- How to identify the procedures, forms, templates, and checklists for each segment of your system.
Creating effective systems and procedures to support you and your team is vital to everyone’s success.
From Overwhelmed to Organized: Put the Principles of Organization to Work for You
Do you get depressed when you look at your desk? Are you wasting valuable time searching for emails, files, or important information? Are you tired of struggling with disorganization?
Then it’s time to put the basic principles of organization to work for you!
As an administrative professional, you know that being organized is crucial to your effectiveness. But have you ever thought about why? Has disorganization ever caused you to waste time? Or money? Have you ever thought about the cost of disorganization to your company? Many people don’t take into account the adverse effect that disorganization can have, not only on a job and career but on an entire office as well.
The good news is that the principles of organization remain the same no matter what you’re trying to do – whether it’s organizing your executive’s files or spearheading a big project. Yet organization principles still need to be tailored to fit the situation. Cleaning your desk is going to require a slightly different approach than organizing your email inbox. However, the basic steps are the same.
During this session, we’ll explain:
- The four basic steps to organizing anything – from paper to projects – and show you how to apply them!
- How to make organizing quick and simple.
- The biggest factor that derails your organizing success — and what to do about it.
- How effective systems help you find, do, and complete things consistently.
Disorganization can cost you a lot of time and money, and put your job, career, and well-being at risk. Getting organized can literally help you breathe easier during your workday, lower your stress, and contribute to better health. You have everything to gain by improving your organization skills. Join us for this session and overcome disorganization for good!
Identify Your Unique Time & Space Style Preferences to Get Organized!
Is managing your time and space a huge challenge? Do you have difficulty keeping your workspace in order? Are you constantly rushing to get all your admin responsibilities done each day?
The illusion is that time and space are the sources of pain. However, the problem is likely that you never learned how to work with your natural style and habits. This session will shed light on how to effectively manage your time and organize your space by introducing you to the Time & Space Style InventoryTM (TSSI).
Just like you have a unique personality type, you also have an organizational style and a time management style that are all your own. The TSSI is a tool that helps you understand and embrace your natural styles, habits, and behaviors with time and space, as well as how to use your strengths and identify the habits that get in your way.
During this session, you’ll learn how to:
- Find a state of flow in your life that moves you toward wholeness and harmony.
- Recognize the characteristics and behaviors that support your natural style preferences.
- Better manage yourself using the six Flow StepsTM.
- Identify how you arrange space, assign value, and tolerate disorder with the six Space Style PreferencesTM .
- Manage priorities, attend to details, and take action with the six Time Style PreferencesTM.
Take the first step towards getting yourself organized once and for all by learning your time and space style preferences!
Creating Your System for Project Management
Project management is fast becoming a required skill for administrative professionals. Whether you are supporting the project team or taking on a large project directly, project management can seem overwhelming – especially if it’s something that falls outside your normal responsibilities. But all project management really entails is breaking the big, complex goal into smaller, more manageable chunks, and seeing it through to completion.
This session will take you through the step-by-step process of mapping out your own system for managing projects and show you how to do it. You’ll learn:
- What your project management system should include.
- Seven questions to ask at the beginning of every project.
- How to organize all of the moving parts of your project including your ideas, workspace, filing system, time, and inbox.
- Four keys to helping you effectively manage the project to completion.
- How to leverage technology for project management – individually and with teams.
Organizing projects takes a lot of time and focus because there are so many components to keep track of, but it’s a very rewarding feeling when you organize the details, map out the plan, and see a project through to completion! Plus, adding project management skills to your resume will benefit you in just about every aspect of your career.
What To Do When There's Too Much To Do
(Julie Perrine is a Certified Productivity Pro® Consultant and licensed to present this material based on Laura Stack’s book What to Do When There’s Too Much to Do.)
Are you tired of being pushed to do more with less? Is your to-do list already at capacity? Then it’s time to learn a proven time-management system that lets you work less and achieve more.
Laura Stack’s step-by-step Productivity Workflow Formula will help you organize your life around the tasks that really matter and—this is crucial—let go of those that don’t. Dozens of practical strategies will help you reduce your commitments, distractions, interruptions, and inefficiencies. You’ll shrink your to-do list and save time—around 90 minutes a day—while skyrocketing your results and maintaining your sanity.
This session will specifically look at:
- Determining what needs to be done
- Scheduling your time
- Strategies for focusing your attention
- Efficiently processing new information and requests
- How to close the loop
- Managing your capacity
Maximize Your Productivity by Mastering Workflow with Microsoft Outlook
Is your inbox overflowing? Are you struggling to stay on top of your projects and related tasks? Are you looking for a single system that can simplify and streamline your workflow?
It’s time to become a power user of Microsoft Outlook and its full functionality!
We’ve become dependent upon computers, email, voicemail, the Internet, and smartphones to get our work done. As a result, our inboxes are overflowing and the volume of requests and tasks we receive each day overwhelms us. Technology can undoubtedly improve your productivity, but it can make you less productive if you’re not careful. That’s why you must become a power user of Microsoft Outlook to maximize your productivity and streamline your workflow.
This session is designed to help you achieve maximum results in minimum time by mastering the key workflow functionality of Microsoft Outlook. You’ll learn:
- A new way of working with your inbox, tasks, and calendar.
- How to use one list with three views to transform how you work.
- A six-step daily planning method for getting things done.
- The difference between moving and dragging things between Outlook components (and what to do when you lose something in the process).
- How to customize toolbars and ribbons for how you work.
- How to use tasks and categories for managing your to-do list.
- Strategies for properly using folders and rules to manage your inbox, including how to set a special alert for emails from your executive.
This session will show you several key features – as well as a few lesser-known ones –and how to use them to your productivity advantage!
Capture, Organize and Share Anything with OneNote
Do you want to learn how to better organize, locate, and share your notes? Would you like a single location for capturing your great ideas? Do you want to stop important information from slipping through the cracks?
Microsoft® OneNote can do all of these things and more!
If you’re looking for a one-stop shop for capturing, organizing, collaborating and finding things digitally, prepare to fall in love with OneNote. More than just a powerful note-taking tool, OneNote is a digital notebook program that allows you to organize your digital images, audios, videos, files, links and more just like you do your print files, including color-coded tabs! The incredible search functionality makes it effortless to quickly locate the information you need. The best part: it integrates with the Microsoft Outlook and the other Office programs. Transform your travel-planning system. Convert your office procedures binder. Find improved ways to facilitate collaboration on your team. It can all be accomplished with OneNote.
During this webinar, you’ll get a tour of OneNote and learn how to:
- Use OneNote as your one-stop shop for almost everything you do.
- Capture your ideas, notes, plans, websites, documents, to-do lists, etc.
- Create, use, and share Notebooks for procedures and training, presentations, travel, and shared team projects.
- Tag information.
- Share, sync, and collaborate using OneNote.
- Conduct research using OneNote.
- Integrate OneNote with Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Link pages and notebooks.
- Use OneNote on multiple devices.
- And much more!
Ditch the scribbled notes and scraps of paper – and learn to use OneNote instead!