We’ve all heard it before: If you’re feeling overwhelmed by unreasonable demands, you have to start saying “no.”
That’s easier said than done.
In reality, if something is within the scope of your responsibilities and capabilities, you shouldn’t be saying “no” in the workplace. But that doesn’t mean you have to accept every demand that comes your way.
Saying “no” is mostly just shorthand for setting limits and managing expectations. This usually means renegotiating the terms of a request—not simply declining the request altogether. Being able to do this effectively is a key part of managing time and creating sustainable business partnerships, and this AdminPro Training Series will teach you how to do it!
Topic: Setting Limits & Managing Expectations in the Workplace
Presented by: Chrissy Scivicque, Career Coach, Author, and Founder of EatYourCareer.com
During this session, you will learn:
- How to know when you need to set limits, and when you need to just make it work.
- A handy tool to get others to limit their expectations and create more reasonable ones on their own!
- How to make priorities visible for you and your team members.
- A simple, step-by-step process for renegotiating expectations without saying “no” to anything.
- Four steps to setting limits with behavior.
If you’re not sure about becoming an AdminPro Training Series member, or you want to test the series out, then register for just the March webinar. But hurry! This session is only available for purchase until March 31, 2018, if you don’t join as a regular member! (Note: You can watch the webinar for up to 90 days after you complete the purchase.)
As a bonus, when you sign up as a monthly or annual member, you will also receive immediate access to the past three months of training, including:
- Proactively Manage Your Digital Footprint for Career Success
- Better Business Writing for Administrative Professionals
- Creating your System for Product Management