When I took the entrepreneurial leap nine years ago, I never imagined I’d be doing what I’m doing today. The past five years I’ve spent building All Things Admin have been especially rewarding and fulfilling.
As I reflect on my journey, there are a few important lessons I’ve learned that have positively impacted my career.
- Surround yourself with smart, positive, and encouraging people who challenge you to think bigger and accomplish more.
- Learn to prioritize and delegate. One person can’t do it all and stay sane. Figure out what is truly important and find people to help you get it done.
- You have to do the inner work if you want to experience the outward results of success. Changing your mindset, creating new habits, developing discipline, and identifying weak spots isn’t fun. But it’s the only way to get to where you want to be.
- Ask for help and advice when you need it. And learn to recognize when you need it.
- Let go of perfectionism. Focus on excellence.
I share these insights with you in hopes that you find some benefit and encouragement from these lessons.
Throughout the month, we’ve been celebrating All Things Admin’s fifth year anniversary with you via our Procedure-a-Day Giveaway, 5 Days to Better Office Procedures Challenge, ebook discounts, Kindle downloads, and more. This week, we are wrapping up the “party” by reflecting back on the past five years with a fun visual featuring some major All Things Admin milestones. Be sure to check out the infographic here.
Thank you for being part of our journey over the past five years. We love supporting admins like you! I can’t wait to see what the next five years brings as we continue to help admins from around the world grow and advance their careers!
Supporting your administrative success,
©2014 Julie Perrine International, LLC