In this digital age, the No. 1 challenge in the workplace is a deficiency in employee people skills – those intangible personality traits like attitude, teamwork, communication and problem-solving.
People used to learn those things naturally as a part of growing up. But those skills are disappearing as people communicate more via impersonal email, text and social media.
Soft skills are so vital in the workplace because they’re the engine that drives people to use their technical (or “hard”) skills more effectively. Yet most people never get any training on these kind of people skills … until now.
Topic: The Five People Skills That Will Improve Your Performance and Impress Your Boss
Date: Wednesday, May 1, 2019
Time: 1 p.m. EDT, 12 p.m. CDT, 10 a.m. PDT
Gather your employees and management team to develop the five critical people skills that impact your ability to be successful at work.
In this Business Management Daily webinar, presented by Jay Forte, an engaging speaker and author of the popular books, The Greatness Zone and Fire Up Your Employees, you’ll discover:
- Why soft skills are important and how they influence performance.
- Practical steps to develop the five most critical soft skills:
- Self-awareness. Learn the “Stop, Notice, Consider, Choose, Act” model.
- Positive attitude. Discover the factors that influence attitude and how to “choose” a productive and positive attitude.
- Critical thinking. Introduce creative and “opportunity thinking” to expand how to view situations, challenges, and daily events.
- Problem-solving. Use the information gathered in critical thinking to learn how to solve challenges and make good decisions.
- Teamwork. Learn the skills to appreciate, communicate, accept, and connect with others to achieve organizational goals.
- How to build a personal soft skills performance improvement plan for yourself or for your employees.
More than three-quarters of employers (77%) say they value employees’ soft skills just as much as their hard skills, according to a CareerBuilder survey. And boosting employees’ soft skills is more important than ever in today’s high-tech, low-touch world.
You train your employees on technical and job-specific skills, so why leave behind the other half of their performance – their people skills? Give your employees the tools to amplify their performance, connect with others and solve any challenge thrown their way. Register now!