Is your filing cabinet a useful, organized part of your workspace? Or is it a hiding place for papers that you don’t know what to do with? Have you ever misplaced or thrown out an important document? Do you have a hard time determining what information to keep and what to toss?
For most admins, keeping track of important documents and information is a big part of their job. Yet it’s also a big challenge because many of us don’t have an effective filing system in place. This AdminPro Training Series session will teach you how to set one up so that you can keep yourself, your files, and your office more organized!
Topic: Resource Organizing: How to Set Up Effective Filing Systems
Presenters: Kimberly Dahline, Professional Organizer, Information Advocate, and Founder of Finally Filed
During this session, you’ll learn:
- What it means to be an information advocate for your office.
- The four emotional factors that impact why we save so much in the first place.
- How to define what is a resource and what isn’t.
- The four “C”s of information storage.
- The one question to ask when trying to decide where something should be filed.
- How to evaluate purpose, location, and accessibility with your filing system.
Give your filing system the attention it requires and get yourself on the path to better information management.