When restrictions that are in place as a result of the coronavirus pandemic begin to lift, your company will need a plan for safely bringing everyone back to the office. It is vital for your organization to start putting together a plan to return to the office now, so you are ready to safely reintegrate back into the workplace when the time comes. As an administrative professional, you should play a critical role in the conversations about the transition back to the workplace. Focus on educating yourself by reading and researching as much as you can so you can become a subject matter expert to help lead your team in implementing an organized COVID-19 return-to-work plan.
We have compiled a list of recovery readiness resources to guide you in having the conversation about returning to the office and formulating a plan. Some of these resources are from law firms, which will help you consider the crucial legal implications involved in returning to work. It is always best to consult with your company’s legal counsel before implementing your plan. We will continue to update this list with new resources as we find them:
- 5 Steps To Reopen Your Workplace, According To CDC’s Latest Guidance: https://www.fisherphillips.com/resources-alerts-5-steps-to-reopen-your-workplace-according
- A Common Sense Guide For Returning To The Post COVID-19 Workplace: https://www.workdesign.com/2020/04/a-common-sense-guide-for-the-return-to-the-office
- A Plan for Returning to Work After COVID-19 – What You Need to Consider: https://www.snapcomms.com/blog/returning-to-work-after-covid19
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Checklist for U.S. Employer Considerations: https://www.cov.com/-/media/files/corporate/publications/2020/03/coronavirus-covid-19-checklist-for-us-employer-considerations.pdf
- COVID-19 Response—Return-to-Work Considerations for Employers: https://www.sullcrom.com/files/upload/SC-Publication-COVID-19-Response-Return-to-Work-Considerations-for-Employers.pdf
- Cushman & Wakefield’s Recovery Readiness: A How-To Guide for Reopening Your Workplace and webinar: https://www.cushmanwakefield.com/en/insights/covid-19
- Lear Safe Work Playbook 2nd Edition: https://www.lear.com/Site/Company/Safe-Work-Playbook.aspx
- Reopening the Workplace: A Preliminary Guide for Employers: https://www.morganlewis.com/pubs/reopening-the-workplace-a-preliminary-guide-for-employers-cv19-lf
- The COVID-19 Recovery Conversation Must Start Today: https://cadmusgroup.com/articles/the-covid-19-recovery-conversation-must-start-today
- The Reopening Playbook: What US Employers Should Be Thinking About Right Now: https://www.bakermckenzie.com/en/insight/publications/2020/04/the-reopening-playbook
Additions (May 8, 2020):
- CDC: Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): https://www.cdc.gov/
coronavirus/2019-ncov/ community/guidance-business- response.html
- FP BEYOND THE CURVE: Post-Pandemic Back-To-Business FAQs For Employers: https://www.fisherphillips.
- How Liability Waivers Can Protect Businesses in the Era of COVID-19: https://www.phelps.com/how-
liability-waivers-can-protect- businesses-in-the-era-of- covid-19-4-29-2020
- Key Considerations In Designing A Return To Work Plan: https://www.shearman.com/
perspectives/2020/04/key- considerations-in-designing-a- return-to-work-plan-covid-19
- Waivers of Liability in the COVID-19 Era: Proactive Steps Businesses Should Consider to Protect Against Possible Future Liability: https://www.jdsupra.com/
legalnews/waivers-of- liability-in-the-covid-19- 39711/
Additions (May 11, 2020):
- American Institute of Architects Re-Occupancy Assessment Tool V1.0: http://content.aia.org/sites/
default/files/2020-05/AIA_ ReOccupancyAssessmentTool_V01_ FINAL.pdf
Additions (May 13, 2020):
- Think HR: Essential HR Resources Related to Covid-19 for Employers (Forms, Letters, Checklists, Videos) https://www.thinkhr.com/covid19/
- Eden 12-Point Plan for Workplace Re-Entry, several upcoming webinars, and other resources: https://go.eden.io/covid-19-services-resources/
- The Council of State Governments Stay-At-Work /Return-To-Work Toolkit: https://www.csg.org/seed_report.pdf
- TrueNorth Companies: Coronavirus Resource Center https://truenorthcompanies.com/resources/covid19.aspx
Additions (June 10, 2020):
- Eden – Return to Work Assessment (Employee Survey): https://go.eden.io/return-to-
- Get Back to Business – Brady’s Guide for Social Distancing Identification: https://www.bradyid.com/
- Randstad – A Practical Guide to a Safe Restart: https://www.randstad.com/ugc/
If you work in an office building that is managed by a property management company, be sure to check with them on the guidelines and plans they are putting into place. Use them as a starting point for discussing any concerns and additional plans your company may need to address.
When putting your COVID-19 return-to-work plan together to transition back to the office, there are many components to consider, including social distancing, safety precautions, legal implications, and employee concerns. You can make a positive impact and add tremendous value by helping your organization’s leaders develop your approach. These recovery readiness resources will provide guidance as you work through these considerations to create an organized and effective return-to-work plan for your company.
Need Help Getting Started With Procedures? We Have 5 Resources For You!
HOW TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR NEWSLETTER OR WEBSITE
Want to use this article in your newsletter, ezine or website? You can — just as long as you include this complete blurb with it:
Julie Perrine, CAP-OM, is the founder and CEO of All Things Admin, providing training, mentoring and resources for administrative professionals worldwide. Julie applies her administrative expertise and passion for lifelong learning to serving as an enthusiastic mentor, speaker and author who educates admins around the world on how to be more effective every day. Learn more about Julie’s books — The Innovative Admin: Unleash the Power of Innovation in Your Administrative Career and The Organized Admin: Leverage Your Unique Organizing Style to Create Systems, Reduce Overwhelm, and Increase Productivity, and Become a Procedures Pro: The Admin’s Guide to Developing Effective Office Systems and Procedures.