To paraphrase an old adage, the best things often come in small packages.
While the larger administrative conferences generally get the most buzz, smaller conferences can provide the same value in a more intimate setting, allowing you the time and space to fully take it all in, connect with the speakers and trainers, and network with new people — without having to jockey for position at the buffet table or fight huge crowds each time you attend a session.
Previously, I shared some of my favorite large and midsize conferences. So now, we’re focusing on smaller events that typically draw anywhere from 30 to 200 attendees. Don’t let the numbers fool you, though. All of these conferences pack a big punch!
Executive Secretary LIVE
Launched in 2013, Executive Secretary LIVE has become one of the world’s leading international events for senior and aspiring administrative professionals and executive assistants. Lucy Brazier brings world-class speakers in from around the globe to motivate, inspire, and provide essential training that will boost your knowledge, skills and productivity. The size of these conferences facilitates more interaction between the speakers and the attendees which improves the networking experience. The events wrap up with a celebration gala that is not to be missed!
- Produced by Executive Secretary Magazine
- Typically a one-day conference with an additional day for pre-conference masterclasses
- Takes place at various times throughout the year in various cities around the world
- Outstanding education topics, inspirational speakers, and networking opportunities with entertainment included
- 100-200 attendees
- Held annually in various cities around the world
The 2019 event dates and locations include:
- London, England: March 29-30
- Wellington, New Zealand: July 12-13
- Sydney, Australia: July 16
- Atlanta, Georgia – November 15-16.
SPECIAL OFFER: Use our unique code: ALLTHINGSADMIN19 to receive 10% off your registration.
Admin Pro Forum
Business Management Daily is well-known for their outstanding training webinars. So when they launched a conference for administrative professionals a few years ago, I was delighted! The Admin Pro Forum is one of the best combinations of hard-skills and soft-skills training in a more intimate conference setting. It gives the attendees and the trainers a unique opportunity to connect directly before, during, and after the sessions.
Their pre- and post-conference workshops go in depth on key areas for helping assistants excel in their jobs. And the facilitated round-table discussions cover a variety of hot topics in the administrative field.
- Produced by Business Management Daily
- Typically a 1.5 day conference with additional half-days for pre-conference and post-conference workshops
- Typically takes place in May or June
- Relevant, skills-building topics, well-known speakers, facilitated round-table discussions, and engaging networking opportunities
- 100-200 attendees
- Held annually
The 2019 event will be held in Orlando, Florida on May 29-31.
Be the Ultimate Assistant Workshops
Be the Ultimate Assistant Workshops are hosted by internationally known trainers and bestselling authors, Bonnie Low-Kramen and Vickie Sokol Evans. Bonnie personally interviews every participant prior to the workshops to better understand their specific challenges and training needs and each workshop is customized to the attendees. Through interactive training, they cover both soft and hard skills, resulting in increased productivity as well as a renewed and re-energized commitment to excellence.
Their two-day intensive workshops includes 17 hours of targeted training to help administrative professionals working at the highest levels succeed. The registration cost includes a signed copy of Be the Ultimate Assistant, Tips in Minutes, supplemental resource materials, the DiSC Workplace Personality Assessment, a certificate of achievement, and follow-up coaching with Bonnie and Vickie.
- Produced by Bonnie Low-Kramen
- A two-day workshop format
- Takes place in various locations around the United States and Europe
- Tailored support and interactive training
- 30-40 attendees
- Held about six times per year in various locations
- This workshop is eligible for re-certification points.
- Special rates apply to members of NYCA, DEMA, IAAP, EPAA, ASAP, ACPA, INA, UKACA, and other professional associations.
The 2019 events include:
- Seattle – Jan 18-19
- New York City – March 22-23
- Dallas – May 17-18
- Maui – July 18-19
- Boston – Sept 19-20
- Brussels – Nov 7-8
Executive Leadership Support Forums
With event locations in major cities across the United States – and now Europe, the Executive Leadership Support forums have become a respected and recognized resource for executive assistants supporting the world’s most influential leaders. The combination of learning from expert trainers and peers alike in a setting that comfortably promotes collaboration and connection. You’ll leave with an expanded network and a renewed sense of purpose and passion for your career!
- Produced by Q1 Productions
- A two-day conference
- Takes place in various cities around the United States and Europe
- Engaging conference that inspires growth, collaboration, and community
- 50-100 attendees
- Held approximately 15 times per year in various cities
- This workshop is eligible for re-certification points
Admin to Admin Retreats
Admin to Admin delivers customized onsite training programs for office support staff, provides consulting services specializing in the area of administrative support, and hosts an annual educational retreat.
Lisa Olsen and Stacy Leitner understand the world of the assistant and are able to bring a vast amount of experience and expertise to their engaging workshops. The workshops inspire you to think, write, reflect, and discuss the challenges and successes of the career with other like-minded attendees and trainers.
- Produced by Admin to Admin
- A one-day retreat
- Takes place in Monterey, California (other cities, as requested)
- Networking, Inside the Admin Studio, career-relevant topics, well-known speakers, engaging activities, and gifts and prizes
- 50-75 attendees
- Held 1-2 times per year
The 2019 schedule so far includes Monterey, California, February 22-23.
Admins Rock is a brand-new conference making its debut in Toronto during Administrative Professionals Week 2019. Rhonda Scharf, Certified Speaking Professional and founder of On The Right Track, has assembled a roster of outstanding speakers on the most relevant topics assistants need support with today.
Since this is their first big splash into the admin conference arena, I obviously haven’t had the chance to experience this conference – yet! But I know Rhonda personally, and this conference is going to be excellent!
- Produced by Rhonda Scharf and On The Right Track
- A one-day conference
- Takes place in Toronto, Ontario
- Meet the Experts session, soft-skills and tech-skills training topics, well-known speakers, and networking opportunities
- 50-100 attendees
- Held annually
The 2019 event will be held on April 24.
The first ever Canadian Administrative Professional of the Year award will be awarded during the conference, too!
Conferences for administrative professionals are as diverse as the administrative professionals themselves, and there really is something for everyone. Whether you prefer the glitz and glamour of an event patronized by thousands, the connections you can make in an uber-intimate environment, or anything in between, there’s a conference out there that fits the bill!
As always, we want to hear from you! Email us at AdminSuccess@AllThingsAdmin.com and share your favorite conference, forum, or training event with us and your fellow admins!
Disclaimer: Some of the links featured in this article are affiliate links and All Things Admin may receive compensation for them. We only recommend products, training, and resources that we use in our professional lives and building our business. We hope you will find them beneficial, too!
© 2018 Julie Perrine International, LLC
HOW TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR NEWSLETTER OR WEBSITE
Want to use this article in your newsletter, ezine or website? You can — just as long as you include this complete blurb with it:
Julie Perrine, CAP-OM, is the founder and CEO of All Things Admin, providing training, mentoring and resources for administrative professionals worldwide. Julie applies her administrative expertise and passion for lifelong learning to serving as an enthusiastic mentor, speaker and author who educates admins around the world on how to be more effective every day. Learn more about Julie’s books — The Innovative Admin: Unleash the Power of Innovation in Your Administrative Career and The Organized Admin: Leverage Your Unique Organizing Style to Create Systems, Reduce Overwhelm, and Increase Productivity, and Become a Procedures Pro: The Admin’s Guide to Developing Effective Office Systems and Procedures. And request your free copy of our special report “From Reactive to Proactive: Creating Your Strategic Administrative Career Plan” at www.AllThingsAdmin.com.