When confronted with employees who complain, criticize, or try to stir up trouble, managers often feel frustrated and helpless. They may quickly assume that there is no way to change these “personality problems,” so they just do their best to contain the damage. However, tolerating such harmful behaviors is definitely not the smartest strategy.
Chronic negativity frequently starts with only one or two employees, but it can quickly infect an entire department. When this happens, the inevitable result is reduced productivity, damaged morale and eventually increased turnover, so wise managers try to nip negativity in the bud.
During this Business Management Daily webinar, you will learn specific strategies for combating negativity in your group and promoting more positive attitudes.
Topic: Keep Negativity from Infecting Your Workplace: Dealing with Troublemakers, Whiners, Pessimists and Other Difficult Employees
Date: Tuesday, October 23, 2018
Time: 1 p.m. EDT, 12 p.m. CDT, 10 a.m. PDT
The program will include the following topics:
- Six signs that your office may be infected with negativity
- The hidden costs of a chronic negativity problem
- Diagnosing the cause: What makes some people so negative?
- Employees from the dark side: whiners, complainers, critics, and pessimists
- Active troublemakers: tattletales, gossips, bullies, and rabble-rousers
- Seven effective weapons in the war against negativity
- How you may actually be rewarding your employees’ negative behavior
- Five-step behavioral coaching process that really makes an impact
- How to re-engage resentful employees by flipping their “motivational switch”
- Using the team turnaround process to “disinfect” an entire group
- Termination: when removing the cause is the only cure
- Recognizing systemic problems: 13 signs of a toxic workplace
- Strategies for saving your sanity in a toxic organization
Banishing workplace negativity increases productivity, decreases turnover and boosts morale. Imagine how that will make you look as a manager.
Presenter, Dr. Marie G. McIntyre, puts her 20 years’ experience to work for you — sharing field-tested advice to create a positive work environment for all employees — and you!
Don’t let negativity ruin your team. Join Business Management Daily to find out how you can neutralize negativity in your workplace. And because this is a webinar, there is no limit to the number of colleagues you can invite to sit in on this interactive event. Click here to register now!