When toxic talk infects an entire department, you may be tempted to throw up your hands and just give in. You might feel powerless to counteract the damage caused by disparaging comments and persistent negativity, believing that, “you can’t change human nature.”
But tolerating these harmful behaviors is definitely not the best solution.
To help you take back control, Business Management Daily is teaming up with workplace guru and syndicated columnist Marie McIntyre on a new webinar that will help you successfully defuse the negative impact of gossip, rumors, and workplace busybodies.
Topic: Gossip, Rumors & Workplace Busybodies
Date: Thursday, November 9, 2017
Time: 1 p.m. EST, 12 p.m. CST, 10 a.m. PST
You will learn:
- The specific signs that your office has a problem with negative chatter.
- How managers may inadvertently encourage negative behaviors.
- The best way to deal with tattletales, drama queens, whiners, and bullies.
- How you can make gossip and the grapevine work in your favor.
- Six rules for dealing with the problem of negative talkers.
- When the rumor mill will always heat up and what to do about it.
- The seven topics that everyone should avoid at the office.
- The importance of management communication during high-change periods.
- How to stop discussing “attitude” and start focusing on behavior.
- The power of high expectations, sincere praise, and clear consequences.
- A simple roadmap for conducting an effective two-way coaching discussion.
- Techniques to use when employees blame others or deny responsibility.
- What to do when coaching doesn’t work.
- Conducting a “team turnaround” to involve your group in solving the problem.
You can also pose your questions directly to Marie McIntyre and get specific solutions to your problems. And because this is a webinar, there is no limit to the number of colleagues you can invite to sit in on this interactive event. Click here to register now!