This year, Boss’s Day falls on Monday, October 16 – which means it’s time to put some thought into what to give your executive to show your appreciation. If you’re stumped for ideas, we have you covered!
For the Intrepid Traveler
Is your executive always jetting off to a conference, board meeting, or offsite event? Do they love to travel in their leisure time? These gifts are sure to be both thoughtful and useful!
- Travelon Bag Bungee ($13.09) – We’ve all been there – struggling through the airport with our hands full of “stuff,” trying to drag our suitcase in our wake. These bag bungees strap your laptop, briefcase, carryon or purse securely to the top of your suitcase, making the long trip through the terminal a bit easier.
- Dot & Dot Packing Cubes ($27.99, set of four) – Easily organize and protect your luggage with these reusable cubes. We love these because they make it simple to find exactly what you need at a moment’s notice. Is the airline insisting you check your carryon? Just grab the cube with your essentials in it and you’re set.
- RFID Blocking Sleeves ($7.95, 10 credit card sleeves and two passport sleeves) – Keep your executive safe during their travels with these protective sleeves that help prevent identity theft.
For the Technophile
If your executive is a technology buff, they probably already have the latest and greatest “gadgets.” These accessories won’t break the bank, but they will be appreciated!
- Skooba Design Cable Stable ($17.85) – Tame the twisted, knotted nest of cords in your executive’s briefcase with the cable stable. Flexible “stations” hold everything from charging cords to batteries to USB devices and beyond.
- Anker Four-Port USB Ultra Slim Data Hub ($9.99) – Turn one USB port into four with this expander and allow your executive to connect even more devices to their PC or Mac.
- Echo Logico Retro Handset ($14.99) – Go “retro” with this old-school handset that connects straight to your executive’s smartphone, allowing them to use the phone’s other functions while on a call.
For the Avid Reader
Reading is one of the best things you can do for your career development, and the same goes for your executive. While we have a ton of favorites, here are a few admins and executives alike should read:
- StrengthsFinder 2.0 (Hardback, $14.72) – Help your executive discover untapped strengths and become an even better leader for your organization.
- Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When the Stakes Are High (Paperback, $11.30) – Executives are often tasked with having incredibly stressful, high-stake conversations. This book will help them navigate these conversations successfully and allow for a better outcome.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change (Paperback, $9.60) – An oldie but a goodie, this book belongs on every professional’s bookshelf. If it’s not on your executive’s reading list yet, it should be!
While a gift is always nice, the best thing you can do to celebrate your executive this Boss’s Day is to share your appreciation with them. They helped you get to where you are today, and a sincere “thank you” is better than anything that comes wrapped in pretty paper and tied with a bow!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click on the product links and make a purchase, I may receive compensation.