Do you have dusty rooms crammed with personnel files and company records? How much are you spending to store paper documents offsite? Are you aware of the liability risks of keeping those documents in paper format and not shredding them?
It’s time to stop living in the paper past.
Electronic records management isn’t a sexy topic, but it’s hitting HR departments hard these days as organizations seek to reduce costs, ensure compliance and reduce their facility footprints.
Register for the Business Management Daily webinar to learn how to leverage technology to manage your employment and company records. You’ll discover the practical steps to prepare for (and execute) the migration from paper to electronic records – or to improve your current migration.
Topic: Taming the Paper Monster – Make the Shift to Electronic Records
Date: Tuesday, October 16, 2018
Time: 1 p.m. EDT, 12 p.m. CDT, 10 a.m. PDT
During this session, you’ll discover:
- A systematic approach to paper removal – identification, destruction, compliance, and workflows.
- Strategies for dealing with sensitive data (FMLA, WC, STD, LTD, ADA, HIPAA and OSHA).
- Navigating the “electronic shred” process successfully and legally.
- Appropriate methods of destroying documents after satisfying retention and disposition schedules.
- A better understanding of what a migration to electronic records management entails.
- The importance of strategic thinking about your records – and how it relates to long-term success.
- A toolkit of resources to help manage this process – industry software, retention schedules, and best practices for purging/retention.
Get a first-hand look at the intricacies of a project this size – retention schedules, sensitive documents, workflows, and document security – through the advice of a university records officer who successfully went through this process (and shredded more than a million pieces of stored paper!).
Your organization can’t afford to ignore this issue anymore. And these are the type of strategic projects that get you noticed – and get you promoted! Click here to register now!