Have you ever given a project to a trusted employee, only to find that the result was not what you expected? Have you put off starting important assignments because of the work piled up on your desk? Perhaps you have been criticized for micromanaging simply because you want things done properly – or you’ve been shocked when you learned too late that an important project was seriously behind schedule.
The good news is that each of these problems can be prevented through effective delegation. But the bad news is that most managers simply don’t know how to delegate, despite the fact that assigning work to others is a critical component of every manager’s job. If you want to shine in a management role, delegation is a skill that you must master.
This Business Management Daily webinar, presented by workplace guru and syndicated columnist Marie McIntyre, will discuss the benefits and risks of delegation and outline the seven steps required to successfully delegate any project or task.
You will learn how to choose the best person for the assignment, tailor your delegation style to the employee’s level of readiness, achieve the results you expect, and avoid unpleasant “surprises.”
Topic: 7 Keys to Successful Delegation
Date: Tuesday, June 20, 2017
Time: 1 p.m. EDT, 12 p.m. CDT, 10 a.m. PDT
In 75 fast-paced minutes, you will:
- Discover why managers frequently feel nervous about delegating.
- Avoid the most dangerous delegation pitfalls.
- Learn the “why, what, who, and how” of effective delegation.
- Understand the difference between dictating, dumping, and delegating.
- Uncover seven specific steps for successfully delegating anything.
- Use strategic delegation to develop, motivate, and retain employees.
- Choose the right person for a delegated assignment.
- Assess delegation readiness. How do your employees rate?
- Get strategies for preventing costly and unexpected surprises.
- Take a quick quiz to determine your preferred delegation style?
- Recognize the characteristics of an effective delegator.
- See how to boost your career with effective delegation.
- Hear how to handle “reverse delegation” & “boomerang employees.”
- Find out how to have delegation discussions with your boss.
- And more!
Delegation isn’t just a matter of telling someone else what to do. It’s about delegating the right tasks to the right people. Delegation is vital for effective leadership – and a hallmark of great leaders is how well they delegate. Click here to register now!