Yet with so many wonderful blogs out there, it’s hard to know which ones to read first. To help you get started, here are some of the sites I think really stand out as great career development and resource blogs for assistants.
- A Great Day’s Work: Stacy Leitner is an award-winning executive assistant and college educator who’s had two careers for nearly two decades. She is a fierce advocate for the administrative profession and shares career advice, tips, and insights on her blog. She also delivers custom, onsite training programs for administrative staff through her training company, Admin to Admin.
- American Society of Administrative Professionals (ASAP): ASAP is one of the best-kept secrets for admin training, professional certification, and resources. The best part is that membership is free! Their article library is packed with topics relevant to the administrative career. In addition, they produce the Administrative Professionals Conference, which is one of the largest annual admin conferences in the U.S.
- Eat Your Career: Chrissy Scivicque’s engaging and upbeat approach to tackling career challenges and opportunities makes her blog stand out. Chrissy is an award-winning writer, certified career coach, and experienced corporate trainer who started her career as an assistant. She has several in-depth training programs and career guides to help you create a plan, take action, and achieve great results.
- Office Dynamics: Joan Burge, a pioneer in training and development for assistants, has one of the most content-rich blogs to help you improve your skills and work more productively with your executive. In addition to the blog, you’ll find information on free webinars, certifications, and the Conference for Administrative Excellence. Sign up for their free weekly newsletter for an added boost of career development delivered straight to your inbox.
- Practically Perfect PA: Nicky Christmas has developed Practically Perfect PA into a leading resource for assistants globally. Her blog features excellent advice on implementing and understanding new technology to develop core competencies in time management, supporting multiple executives, and much more!
© 2018 Julie Perrine International, LLC
HOW TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR NEWSLETTER OR WEBSITE
Want to use this article in your newsletter, ezine or website? You can — just as long as you include this complete blurb with it:
Julie Perrine, CAP-OM, is the founder and CEO of All Things Admin, providing training, mentoring and resources for administrative professionals worldwide. Julie applies her administrative expertise and passion for lifelong learning to serving as an enthusiastic mentor, speaker and author who educates admins around the world on how to be more effective every day. Learn more about Julie’s books — The Innovative Admin: Unleash the Power of Innovation in Your Administrative Career and The Organized Admin: Leverage Your Unique Organizing Style to Create Systems, Reduce Overwhelm, and Increase Productivity, and Become a Procedures Pro: The Admin’s Guide to Developing Effective Office Systems and Procedures. And request your free copy of our special report “From Reactive to Proactive: Creating Your Strategic Administrative Career Plan” at www.AllThingsAdmin.com.