Need a Speaker for Your Next Meeting, Event, or Conference?
Julie Perrine, CAP-OM, MBTI Certified, prides herself in connecting administrative professionals to innovative technologies, ideas, resources, and people as they work toward achieving their career goals. Using the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (personality type) tool, Julie facilitates training and provides valuable support to administrative professionals and their teams as they pursue more productive and meaningful work relationships. Her upbeat, straight-forward, step-by-step approach to handling the opportunities and challenges facing administrative professionals gives her audiences proactive strategies for developing a plan, creating forward motion, and achieving great results.
Please use our Speaker Request form if you are interested in having Julie speak at your next event.
- Administrative Professional 2.0: Developing Your Professional Strategy for Online Success
Is social networking just a huge waste of time or is there something more valuable you may be missing? How can social media be used effectively for career development, locating resources, and finding information? Which sites are the right ones for which activities? If you are an innovative, career-minded, cutting edge professional, who is expected to know the answers when someone asks you a question, then you need to understand the power and leverage of social media and social networking. Just like the Internet, social media isn’t going away, so dive in and discover the power of Web 2.0. You’ll learn:
- How social networking parallels traditional networking
- Why you should participate on social networking sites
- How to use social networking tools effectively so you don’t waste time
- How to create powerful online profiles that positively impact your personal brand
- How to use social networking as a career planning tool
- Developing Your Indispensable Administrative Brand (Personal Branding)
When you hear brand names Nike, Starbucks, or Google, what images or thoughts immediately come to mind? When you hear someone talking about Oprah Winfrey, Martha Stewart, or Donald Trump, what words pop into your head? When someone hears your name, what type of brand recognition is instantly associated with you?
Developing an indispensable, personal brand takes conscious thought and effort, but it’s absolutely vital to your long term success. While you are working hard establishing yourself in a career or area of expertise, your name is becoming as integral to your success as the quality work product you aim to deliver. But where do you begin in establishing or recreating your personal brand? You’ll learn what personal branding is, why personal branding matters, and how to develop an indispensable, personal brand for yourself.
- From Reactive to Proactive: Creating Your Strategic Administrative Career Plan
Do you feel as if your career has veered off the road? Or maybe it feels more like you’re stuck on the shoulder with a flat tire? Do you wish you had more control over your professional development? Does staying current with your profession stress you out? Would you like to understand why other people adapt to professional career change readily while you feel fearful and stuck? This program will help you prepare for the peaks and valleys of your professional life. It will teach you how to apply principles of strategic planning to your career as an administrative professional and how to manage your career in a way that puts you in the driver’s seat. During the session, we will:
- Discover why it is necessary to shift from reactive to proactive when managing your career
- Introduce you to a proven strategic planning method for your career
- Teach you how to implement your career plan to ensure future success
- Show you how to seek a professional mentor or coach
- Develop your personal board of directors for professional success
- Develop the ability to shift your mental mindset to adapt to inevitable career changes
Embark on a journey to job security, peace of mind, and maximum control over your career as an administrative professional.
- The Power of Professionalism
We call ourselves Administrative Professionals, but what does that really mean? When we see and observe examples of true professionalism, those moments and individuals stand out. But what is professionalism really? We’ll explore:
- What is professionalism?
- Benefits of Professionalism
- Becoming more Professional (even if you already are!)
- Professionalism Quiz Questions to ask yourself (self-assessment)
- How does professionalism affect your customers?
- Creating an Effective Administrative Processes and Procedures Binder
If something happened to you and you missed work for a week…or two weeks…or maybe even a month, could your co-workers or manager step in and fulfill your responsibilities without a major interruption to your office or business? Do you have the processes and procedures that you do each day documented for easy reference? Creating good step-by-step documentation takes some thought and effort, but the end result is a product that can be used over and over again by you or anyone who needs it. When you’re out of the office, it’s nice to be missed. But it’s also nice when things can run smoothly so you don’t return to a pile of problems or unhandled business. A smooth operating office is a sign of a prepared and polished professional who has the best interests of her co-workers and company at heart – and a solid Administrative Processes & Procedures Binder is essential. You’ll learn:
- How to get started creating your administrative desk reference
- The appropriate items to include in your administrative desk reference
- How to document understandable processes and procedures
- How to maintain your administrative desk reference in hard copy and electronic formats
- Developing A Career Calling Card: Your Professional Portfolio
As an administrative professional, how do you demonstrate you can do what you say you know how to do? One way is with a Professional Portfolio of your work and experience. Whether you are actively searching for a new position, demonstrating your value to the team, or simply documenting your career accomplishments, a professional portfolio will set you apart. This isn’t just a tool for job seekers! Every career-minded administrative professional should have one. This session will cover:
- What a Professional portfolio is
- Why administrative professionals need a portfolio
- How to develop your portfolio in hard copy and electronic formats
- How to use a portfolio successfully once you’ve developed it
- Suit Up Your Resume for Success: Resume Makeovers for Administrative Professionals
No one would consider wearing a swimming suit to an executive job interview, yet many times the resumes we use are not properly suited to the positions we are seeking. Your resume is the primary marketing tool you have to get you in the door – is yours a door opener? This session will cover selecting the right “suit” style and other design considerations to ensure a more professional look and comfortable fit to get you in the door, as well as how to tailor your resume for specific positions and how to accessorize it appropriately.
- Virtual Assistant Business Basics: Does working virtually mean you have a real job?
Would you like to explore some virtual career path options? Does working from your home office appeal to you? Do you have what it takes to be a home-based worker? Explore this enlightening journey into the virtual world of careers that may be in your future. You’ll learn:
- What it takes to setup a home office for remote connectivity to the outside world
- What tools, software, equipment and furniture you should consider
- Training and certifications you might need
- Key personality traits of and success factors for home-based workers
- Blogging Basics
Blogging – You may have heard of it, but what exactly is it? How do you do it? Why do you do it? How can administrative professionals use it to advance their career, showcase their work, and more? This interactive, online tool can be a powerful way to get your ideas, expertise, and/or work samples onto the Worldwide Web very efficiently. This session will introduce you to the world of blogging, show you get your own blog started absolutely free, and go through some of the ways blogging can be used to help you reach your target audience personally, professionally, and corporately.
- Implementing a Leadership Development Training Program for your IAAP Chapter
This program covers the steps and materials required to develop an ongoing, formal leadership development training program for your IAAP chapter. The ultimate objective of this formal program is to develop and prepare administrative professionals personally and professionally for leadership opportunities by providing training, mentoring, and skills development required to succeed in leadership roles at work, within the association, and in their communities.
You’ll learn how to create an effective implementation plan, key areas your training should cover, training formats that work best, where to find resources, and how to secure speakers for your training sessions.
- Understanding Personality Types: Introductory and Advanced Topics
After more than 50 years of research and development, the current Myers-Briggs Type Indicator has become the most widely used instrument for understanding normal personality differences. Because it explains basic patterns in human functioning, the MBTI serves a wide variety of purposes, including the following:
- Improving performance of the individual and the team
- Developing leaders within the ranks
- Reducing conflict among peers and throughout the hierarchy
This widely respected tool reveals an individual’s preferences for communication, data gathering, decision making and energy flow, which permits you and your team to achieve greater effectiveness and harmony in the office.
Through half- or full-day workshops, Julie can give you the tools to increase your self-awareness and adaptability. Customized workshops are available to focus on specific applications, such as: