Looking for some professional “pick-me-up”s to reset your career focus and put you back on track?
Or maybe you’re just looking for a simple way to reward yourself for a job well done?
Then make sure you take advantage of some AWESOME opportunities to advance your skills, upgrade your thinking, and take charge of your career during Administrative Professionals Week (APW) 2012.
I’ve been reading some very interesting facts and figures about our profession and its longstanding history this week. It made me very proud to claim the title of Administrative Professional. I highly recommend you take a peek at some of these resources when you have a few minutes. They’re worth your time:
- Learn ALL about Administrative Professionals Week: http://www.iaap-hq.org/events/apw
- Review the Fact Sheet for Administrative Professionals Week and Administrative Professionals Day: http://www.iaap-hq.org/events/apw/release/2012-fact-sheet
We have also uncovered some fantastic FREE and LOW FEE training opportunities during APW and a few special offers from some of the leaders in professional development for admins. If we’ve missed any, be sure to let me know and we’ll keep a running list going on our website blog at www.allthingsadmin.com. I’ve listed them for you here by date.
And let us be the first to wish you a very
HAPPY ADMINISTRATIVE PROFESSIONALS WEEK 2012!
Julie Perrine & the All Things Admin Team
Happening ALL week:
- 5 Days to Better Office Procedures Challenge – All Things Admin, April 23-27, 2012. Join us here: www.allthingsadmin.com/procedures-pro-webinar
- 4th Annual Administrative Blog-A-Thon: Who Took My Pen… Again? – Office Dynamics, April 2-30, 2012. Participate here: http://www.officedynamics.com/Blogs.aspx
- Check with your local chapters of IAAP for regional and local events in your area.
On Tuesday, April 24, 2012:
- FREE WEBINAR – Business Etiquette: The New Rules in a Digital Age
Sponsored by IAAP & OfficeTeam, APW 2012 Webinar
- 1 PM Central Time
- Cost: FREE
- Learn more and register here: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/961740790
Those who attend the entire webinar are eligible to receive credit from IAAP for one hour of education or one point towards Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) recertification.
- TELECLASS: Developing Your Business Acumen: Learn the “Business” of Business for Career Success
- 7 PM CDT
- Cost: $9.97 Success Builder Series Members / $19.97 A La Carte
- Learn more and register here: http://www.allthingsadmin.com/success-builder-series-for-administrative-professionals/
On Thursday, April 26, 2012:
- FREE WEBCAST – Getting it Done While Getting Along: How to Overcome Your Co-Workers’ Poor Habits
- 12:00 PM EDT
- Cost: FREE, reservations are required.
- Learn more and register here: http://www.amanet.org/training/webcasts/Getting-it-Done-While-Getting-Along.aspx
- FREE TWITTER CHAT – #adminchat: Brilliant Email etiquette to save time
- Learn more about what a Twitter Chat is and how to participate here: http://www.allthingsadmin.com/administrative-professionals/adminchat/
- Then join us on Twitter at NOON CDT / 1 EDT on Thursday, April 26, 2012, for an awesome online training session with Monica Seely.
- FREE WEBINAR – Make the Leap to Remarkable!
- 2:00 PM EDT
- COST: FREE
- Learn more and register here: http://on-the-right-track.com/event/make-the-leap-to-remarkable/
Other Special Offers:
- April is Admin Appreciation Month at ASAP – American Society of Administrative Professionals – www.asaporg.com
ASAP is offering special pricing on all On-Demand Webinars. Register and take as many On-Demand Webinars as you like for only $49.99 each! That’s 50% off the regular price!
ASAP knows how important professional development is to you, though with your busy schedule, it can be hard to make the time for training. That’s why for the entire month of April, register for as many of ASAP’s On-Demand Webinars as you want and save 50% off the regular price. Choose from 23 popular Webinar topics – each one is only $49.99. Even better, once you’ve registered, you can take the Webinars anytime you like!
To take advantage of ASAP’s Admin. Appreciation Month offer:
- Register for any On-Demand Webinars here, and make sure to use coupon code ADM0412 to ensure that you get your discount.
- Register and pay for your On-Demand Webinars during the month of April to take advantage of the special $49.99 pricing.
- Take your Webinar(s) any month, week, or day – at any time, 24/7 – from April 1st through the end of the year.
- Executive Secretary Magazine – LinkedIn Group Special Subscription Offer
Executive Secretary is made up of whitepapers, training, toolkits, articles and checklists, put together to enable career secretaries to develop both knowledge and skills. In each volume, innovative and cutting-edge articles are presented in a clear and comprehensible fashion to create a valuable reference for everyone working in this rapidly advancing role.
This magazine carries no advertising. Just 48 pages of invaluable, best practice information for administrative professionals each issue – so 244 pages of training a year from some of the world’s leading trainers.
When you become a member of the LinkedIn Group – Executive Secretary Magazine – you can subscribe to Executive Secretary magazine, this week only for the year, for only £96/E119.50/$163 inc P&P instead of the usual RRP of £132/E163/$220 (a saving of £36/E43.5/$57) to LinkedIn group members including delivery.
Not only that …. sign up and receive a free copy of a business book of your choice up to the value of £15/E18/$25
Register your interest in subscribing to firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to join the LinkedIn Group now: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3720787&trk=myg_ugrp_ovr
Visit www.executivesecretary.com to view a sample copy now.